Expat Mortgages: Returning to the UK
Looking to Secure a Mortgage When Returning to the UK? An expert mortgage broker can help.
Firstly, are you an Expat currently living aboard?
No impact on credit score
Why use us?
Whatever your situation, at OnlineMortgageAdvisor we know that everyone's circumstances are different. That's why we only work with expert brokers who have a proven track record in securing mortgage approvals
- Expat mortgage specialists
- Higher chance of approval
- Mortgage Approval Guarantee - or £100 back*
- We don't charge a fee
- No impact on credit score
- Rated Excellent on Trustpilot, Google and Feefo
If you have any questions,
feel free to call us on 0808 189 2301
Getting a mortgage if you’ve just returned to the UK or are planning to return from abroad can be tricky.
This is mainly down to mortgage lenders finding it difficult to check both your address and credit history, especially if you’ve travelled around across numerous international locations.
Speak to a expat mortgage expert specialist
Fortunately, there are a number of mortgage lenders who will consider such applications, some even at competitive high street rates. The type of applicant that would generally fit this criteria includes:
- Living outside the UK and not yet returned as an expat
- Only just returned to the UK in the past 12 months
- Have a cash deposit of at least 5%-10%
- Returning to the UK and going straight into full-time employment or receiving guaranteed retirement income
- Returning to the UK and going straight into self-employment (deposit requirements would likely be higher for these cases)
- Clean credit history for the past 6 years
- Maximum mortgage requirements are equivalent to 4.5x annual salary (so if earning £25k then max is £100-£125k)
If you fit the criteria above then please make an enquiry and we’ll pass you to a mortgage broker we work with who has specific experience helping people under such circumstances.
If you don’t quite fit this criteria it’s still worth getting in touch and speaking with an advisor as they may know of mortgage lenders who can help with your situation.
I moved to New Zealand many years ago but recently moved back to the UK. Due to being out of the country my UK credit history was non-existent which meant lenders quickly turned me away. That’s when this company popped up, their broker contacted me straight away. They really knew their stuff.
They pulled out all the stops
Great staff and good communication. Helped us understand the process and gone over and above to help in a difficult situation. Other companies couldn't even be bothered but Thank you so much!
Anneke Woolley, 12 days ago
Great Service for a first time buyer
Jason is great. He's very patient - I am a first-time buyer so often need a lot of info/explanations etc. He sorted out a DIP for me in less than 48 hours. OMA have continued emailing me to help me understand what the next steps would be and stay on track. So far so good!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars across Trustpilot, Feefo and Google
Ask a quick question
We can help!
We know everyone's circumstances are different, that's why we work with mortgage brokers who are experts in Expat Mortgages
Ask us a question and we'll get the best expert to help.
Get in touch today
Make an enquiry and we'll arrange for an experienced mortgage broker we work with to contact you straight away.